Protein shakes are one of the most important thing for a person who is more concern about his personality and body. The Protein Powders are concentrated sources of protein which is obtained by animal or plant foods, such as dairy, eggs, rice or peas.
There are three common forms:
- Protein concentrates: These type of protein are produced by extracting from whole food using heat and acid or enzymes. These type of protein contain about 60-80% protein, with the remaining 20-30% of calories from fat and carbs.
- Protein isolates: This type of protein go through another filtering step that removes additional fat and carbs to make more concentrated protein. This type of protein contain about 90-95% protein.
- Protein hydrolysates: This type of protein produced by more heating with acid or enzymes, which breaks the bonds between amino acids. By which it allows your body to absorb them more quickly and your muscle to take them up more easily.
There are some protein types as given below:
- Whey Protein: Whey protein is made by milk. The protein portion of whole milk have 20% whey protein and 80% casein protein. This type of protein is one of the most popular type of protein which is used in protein powders and people select it. Most of the people select it as best all-around choice in terms of taste, quality and cost. One more unique benefit of whey protein, and one that is often overlooked, is that it enhances the immune system in several ways and give the benefits to the people.
- Milk Protein: Same as whey protein casein protein is also milk protein derivative. Since milk has more casein protein in it than other protein. The key difference between milk and whey protein is that whey protein is easy to absorb for the digestive system quickly and casein is absorbed slowly and steadily. If we talk about taste then they are similar. Both of them are same tasteless in their un flavoured and un sweetened state.
- Egg Protein: Egg protein was one of the most popular type of protein supplement for many past years before milk proteins take its place and surpassed its popularity due to their better taste and lower cost. Egg white is also naturally very low in fat and carbs as milk protein. Egg white protein is cholesterol free and an excellent choice for those who wish to avoid dairy products and they can use this protein.
- Plant Protein: Proteins have many types and one of the most important protein is plant protein and Among the vegetable source proteins, soy protein , rice protein and pea protein are by far the most popular. Soy and hemp protein are unique among vegetable protein sources in that they supply all 8 essential amino acids. Plant proteins are perfect alternatives to whey, milk or egg white protein. They are derived from a variety of sources, including peas, hemp, sprouts, and grains and seeds like brown rice, quinoa, millet, spirulina, chia and more.
People who want to take proteins so that they can choose protein with their taste. Many proteins have their own benefits and people should choose what they want from the protein and can select the protein. So you can choose protein which suits you the best related to taste and cost.