On Saturday, Pakistan summoned India’s deputy high commissioner in Islamabad over alleged firing along the Line of Control, which killed two persons and wounded three others. Previous to this, Foreign Office (FO) spokesperson said in a statement that the Pakistan accused India of breaching the ceasefire along the LoC in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir in which two persons were killed and three injured. The statement stated that the Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh was summoned over the alleged firing by Indian forces in Chirikot and Satwal sectors.
The allegedly firing led to killing two residents, including one woman, and three other people were injured as well. The Foreign Office said that Director-General (South Asia & SAARC) Mohammad Faisal called upon the Indian High Commissioner and “condemned the unprovoked ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces”. The Foreign Office said, “The Director-General urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 ceasefire arrangement, investigate this and other incidents of ceasefire violations, instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire, in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC.”
In the meantime, an army spokesperson Major General Asif Ghafoor said, “Pakistan Army troops responded effectively to Indian unprovoked firing.” The recent conflicts occurred on the death anniversary of militant commander Burhan Wani who was killed last year in Kashmir.