Tamil-Nadu NEET 2017, Fresh MBBS Rank List to be Release

2017 NEET rank list has been released previously for MBBS/ BDS admission courses in the official website, Tamil Nadu. But today as per the Madras High Court order a fresh rank list will be released today scrapped the State government’s order reserving 85% seats in medical courses for State Board students. The Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu will publish the NEET rank list 2017 today itself as per its notified schedule of NEET counselling 2017.
Students can download their result from the official website, students by logging into their personal panel and entering their roll number and other necessary details can easily download their 2017 NEET result. As per schedule notified by DME for Tamilnadu NEET 2017 counselling, the MBBS rank list 2017 is set to be published today on 14th July, while the counselling will commence from 17th July.
On 11th July, Justice K. Ravichandra Baabu, reserved the order on status of Tamil Nadu State government’s order. The State had published the G.O. on June 22 in which it was mentioned that 85% of the seats (both PG & UG) in medical institutions of Tamil Nadu State will be reserved for the students who have taken the qualifying exam from State Board, while the remaining 15% seats will be available for the students of CBSE and other Board. Two others bills seeking exemption for the State from NEET were also passed by the State Assembly.
In the Supreme court a petition to quash the TN Govt’s order was moved eariler, which declined to entertain it and asked the petitioner to file the same in Madras High Court. A student, Darnish Kumar then filed the petition in Madras High Court, which today ruled that the State government’s order of reserving 85% seats for State Board students will not be applicable for MBBS admissions.
Advocate General R Muthukumaraswamy arguing on the behalf of State governmentsaid before the court that as many as 84,431 students appeared for NEET UG 2017, out of which only 4,675 are from CBSE. He also argued that since most of the questions in NEET 2017 were based on CBSE syllabus, there was an inequality in the national-level entrance exam. “Under the 85-15% quota, around 2,000 state board students and 520 CBSE students would get chance for medical seats”, he said.
Committee secretary G Selvarajan had said prior to the final order, “We have been asked not to release the rank list, but there is a lot of work to do and we have not stopped it. If the court verdict comes in out favour, we will be able to release the rank list as per schedule.” Directorate of Medical Education has received 50,558 applications. This includes 31,323 applications for admissions to 2,594 seats in 23 state-run medical colleges. The work of Selection Committee is to verify the applications and scrutinize it before publishing the State merit list.
According to the Supreme Court’s verdict, whenever the admissions in a course depend on the national-level entrance exam like NEET (National Eligibility and Entrance Test), it should not make any difference whether a student has attempted the qualifying exam under State Board or CBSE because no discrimination can be made between the schools affiliated to both the Boards.
As now the court has declared its order, the Selection Committee will have to release the rank list as per the method adopted by other States’ agencies. The selection committee has been working on the preparation of Tamilnadu NEET rank list even while the matter was subjudice in the Court.
For more information students can visit the official website.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here