Monsoon has arrived! It’s a treat for all as the temperature has fallen and people are having a sigh of relief from the scorching temperature of 50 degrees. People are loving the weather outside, children are playing and dancing in rain. Every coin has two sides, similarly monsoon has brought respiratory tract infections, cholera, typhoid, asthma, fever, malaria, dengue, diarrhea and many more. Most of the people are suffering from these diseases due to climatic change and prefer to take medicines to cure these diseases quickly, but they have adverse effects on human body. So instead of using medicines, we should stick to our roots and use our “Nani and Dadi ke nuskhe – Herbs”.
Herbs have a property to fight against infections and cure the diseases completely. Here we provide you with the complete list of herbs that will boost your immunity to fight with the infections and help to fight against them during the monsoon season.
- Basil or Tulsi is worshipped in every house of Hindus, at the same time it is used to heal infections. It consists of phytochemicals, anti-oxidants compounds and bioflavonols such as Rosmarinic Acid, which is a very good anti-microbial agent for treating infections in the respiratory tract. It also provides relief from chest cold and congestion. One of the easiest and most convenient ways to have tulsi is to drink one to two cups of tulsi tea daily. The hot tea helps to drag out the cold and cough accumulated in pour body.
- Triphala, a combination of three herbs amla, behead and harde and is a potent antioxidant. Triphla is taken directly or with milk and is used to improve digestion system of the body which tends to go down during monsoon. Moreover, amla is the richest source of vitamin C that makes the immune system stronger. Beheda helps in curing cough and clearing congestion from body. It also controls loose motions and cures diarrhea which are very frequent during monsoon. Gargling with harde powder can provide relief to bad throat.
- Turmeric which is the most common food ingredient and is used in almost every dish has anti-inflammatory properties and is great for boosting immunity and curing diseases. The best form to intake is to drink it mixed with hot milk.
- Garlic is also a common ingredient in most of the vegetable, it has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-protozoal properties. It helps to cure coughs. The compound “Ajoene” present in garlic helps in controlling bacterial and viral infections. It also works as a natural preventive measure for cancer, more specifically colon cancer. It is also used for treating muscle cramps and pain.
- Ginger which is used in making tea and vegetables contains anti-inflammatory gingerols and shaogals. It helps to relieve a sore throat quickly, and relieve from cough and congestion.
- Cinnamon helps in treating sore throat, colds and cough. A hot cup of cinnamon tea can heal throat irritation, itching and cold.
- Pepper is added to tonics for treating cold and cough. Pepper also heals in nose cold and congestion. It is used to cure diseases.
- Licorice is used for curing respiratory issues since ancient times. It is used to provide relief from cough, cold and respiratory problems.
So these 8 magical herbs proves to be a wonder as they cure most of the infections and diseases completely and improve our immune system. They are natural and hence have no side effects to human body compared to the drugs and medicines e take to cure our infections and diseases.
Stay healthy, Stay happy!