Change in the City’s Sex ratio at Birth in 5 Years

0
283

In 2016 Delhi Figure reaches 902, marginally higher than 2015, says Delhi government. This time there is change in the sex ratio at birth — the number of females per 1,000 males — in the Capital has crossed 900 for the first time in five years, according to data of registered births released by the Delhi government on Wednesday.

In 2010 the Figure was 901: The registration of births and deaths in Delhi in 2016 as per the annual report, the sex ratio at birth was 902. Though it was only marginally higher than the sex ratio at birth in 2015 (898)

  • the figure for 2016 marked the first time that
  • the sex ratio surpassed 900 since 2010, when it was 901
  • The sex ratio at birth was 893 in 2011
  • 886 in 2012
  • 895 in 2013
  •  896 in 2014

The Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia reported the release showed that the total registered births in Delhi in 2016 was 3.79 lakh, of which 52.6% were male, 47.4% female and the remaining were of the ‘others’ category, which includes transgenders.

The number of mothers under 19: Between 20 and 24 years of age the majority of mothers who gave birth, the number of mothers under the age of 19 increased to 3.10% from 2.75% in 2015. The proportion of mothers aged 35 years and above also increased marginally.

No of deaths is 1.42 lakh in 2016: The birth rate per 1,000 population was 20.38, with the total number of institutional births being 86.74%. At the same time, the total number of deaths registered:

  • In 2016 were 1.42 lakh
  • In 2015 its 1.25 lakh

Around 64% of the total registered deaths were in hospitals, with the remaining 36% were domiciliary deaths. The infant mortality rate, which is the number of deaths of infants under one year of age per 1,000 live births, decreased to 21.35 in 2016 from 23.25 in 2015. As per the report, since the average births per day were 1,036 and the average deaths per day 387, the net natural increase in Delhi’s population was 649 per day or 2.37 lakh a year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.