Manipal University from September 15, 2017 to September 17, 2017 will be organising its literature festival– Manipal International Literature and Arts Platform (MILAP).
This event will be the inaugural edition of the Lit Fest to be hosted in the scenic campus-town of Manipal. This current Lit Fest would be a platform for a gathering and celebration of the arts in a university setting, imbued with an inclusive atmosphere and a cosmopolitan spirit.
The fest will bring writers, critics and readers together. MILAP at the same time non-commercial space will be forging of a sustained engagement between rasika and artiste in a thoughtful way. The concept itself is borne out of Manipal University’s long-standing efforts to promote appreciation of literature and culture, whether through the prolific publishing activities of Manipal University Press, the TMA Pai Chair for Indian Literature will discuss about the dynamic initiatives which recently crossed its hundredth book release.
MILAP is open free of cost to the local community as well as readers and art lovers from across the country. It is going to be a total non-commercial event. The Fest will comprise a series of curated events across different genres, languages and art forms.
Interested Students can register themselves for the main event by going through the website. Translation workshop has limited 30 seats and registrations are open for early career translators who are expected to send a letter of motivation and a work that one has already translated.
As this year, it is limited to those who have knowledge of Kannada and English. Efforts to promote appreciation of literature and culture events like:
- Classical music
- Lectures by Anuradha Kuber
- Tala Maddale by M.L. Samaga
- Bharatanatyam performance
- Lecture by Ananda Jayant Shankar
- And at the end a contemporary dance choreographed by Diya Naidu
- Translation Workshop for registered participants with acclaimed translators, writers and scholars.
- Deepa Ganesh include K V Akshara, Shivarama Padikkal, and V B Tharakeshwar, Shanta Gokhale, Anjum Katyal will be the experts at the Workshop curated.
- Literary Meet with sessions centered around well-known writers and moderated by experts.
- Art Exhibition on the unique bond between print and art, and related displays.
Other than this they will be conducting a book fair in a lakefront pavilion will also be organized. The interested people can not only browse the books but can also share insights with other readers.
Festival for screenings and discussions with award-winning filmmakers will also be held. To explore intersections of theater, music and dance with literature Cultural Evenings will also be held. Youth events will also take place to take along the student population in this cultural journey.