The poisonous disease has summed a total of four lives as per the official data provided by the Union Health Ministry. In Delhi 166 fresh cases of swine flu has been reported taking the total number of confirmed cases of the virus to 517. The figures are till July 30. Across 736 countries H1N1 virus has been reached with over 15,121 cases of the viral infection.
Frequent hand-washing and avoiding crowded places are among the precautions one should take to avoid catching the infection. The capital 2016 it had reported 193 cases of H1N1 virus till this time of the year. Symptoms include fever, cough, nasal secretion, fatigue, headache, body ache and sore throat.
Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) a senior doctor from hospital said “We have admitted 105 patients who came with the symptoms of swine flu till now. The hospital has witnessed 25 suspected deaths due to the deadly virus.”
Administration, to evolve a plan for vaccinating the health care workers and persons at higher risk, on yearly basis depending upon the public health burden of influenza.
The Union Health Ministry has also issued guidelines for influenza vaccination for vulnerable groups such as pregnant women and persons with compromised immunity due to other diseases and has asked the State Governments and Union Territorie, Noida, Ghaziabad and Gurgaon the NCR region has also reported 39 fresh cases of the influenza.
There are three categories of the virus — A, B and C. While the first two are considered stable, the C category is dangerous. It requires ventilator support immediately. Tamiflu is the standard treatment for H1N1, which should be taken only on prescription of the Doctor.
Dr. Arvind Minz, Internal Medicine, QRG Central Hospital & Research Centre said, “Till date we had three patients who were tested positive with swine flu and have been treated.
The World Health Organisation called it a pandemic when in 2009 H1N1 was spreading fast in many countries around the world. Since then, people have continued to get sick from swine flu across the world, including in India, but the cyclical nature of the virus means that every few years there is a spurt in cases and deaths.
It now spreads like every other seasonal virus, especially through the coughs or sneezes of infected people. This particular strain was first detected in patients in direct contact with pigs in North America, it swiftly spread to 74 countries, including India.
The swine flu virus has created a lot of mayhem in Mumbai, where the above-mentioned actors reside. The death toll has reached up to 10, with the Brihan Mumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) also confirming that a total of 285 cases have been detected this year. Some precautions you can take to avoid swine flu are as following:
- Homes are a safer zone: If you are affected it’s best to just stay at home and rest up instead of spreading it around by travelling to and from work, and meeting people at work.
- Make sure it does not spread: Make sure you cover your mouth but not with your hands, because the next thing you touch with them will get contaminated. Use the crook of your arm, or even better, tissues.
- Clean hands: Wash your hands regularly with soap to avoid infection. Hand sanitizers can also help with this. On the whole, just make sure you don’t spread germs around through your hands.
- Safe in public: Use a surgical mask while travelling to minimize chances of the contagion spreading. Make sure that your utensils are clean if you’re eating out. Avoid touching public utilities like door handles and toilets to make sure you don’t get infected.
- Clean your produce: Sometimes through fruit and vegetable sources, you shouldn’t take a chance. Clean them thoroughly, and use surgical gloves to handle meat, fish and eggs. Wash down your hands after you’re completed managing raw produce.
Apart from these things, it will be good for you to consult a doctor if someone has any of the flu symptoms. Your doctor can help you detect the flu and treat it, unambiguous antiviral medicines have been proved efficient against swine flu, even if there isn’t a permanent cure it.