OICL 2017 exam date has been released in the official website, candidates who are going to appear for the said exam can know about their exam date from the official website. The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. conducted by Government of India will conduct the online examination on 22nd October for Administrative Officers posts.
OICL had issued an advertisement for the recruitment of 300 Administrative Officers posts (Scale-I) cadre on 10th August. The online application process started from 18th August 2017 and will remain open till 15th September.
OICL is a principal Public Sector General Insurance Company, shaped to provide General Insurance Business. The number of posts for the following:
- Engineers (Automobile)-15
- Medical Officer-10
- And Generalist- 223
OICL AO recruitment 2017, The seats under categories – SC, ST, OBC, and UR are 44, 21, 77, and 158 respectively.
- The Candidate must be a Graduate in any degree (UG or PG), having passed in all subjects. For all the Posts, 60% score (55% for ST/SC) in the qualifying degree is required from a recognized University.
- The candidates should be in the age group of 21 – 30 years, additional 8 years relaxation is given for existing employees of public sector general insurance companies, 5 years for SC & ST, 3 years for OBC, and 10 years for PWD candidates.
The application fee for SC/ST/PWD categories candidates is 100 INR, whereas for others, the fee is 600 INR. The candidates can apply for OICL recruitment 2017 through the official website. Both the exams will be conducted in online mode. The tentative date for the examination is set:
- 22nd October for Phase-I examination.
- 18th November for Phase-II examination.
The exam comprise of objective- type questions (3 sections) for overall 100 marks. The marks carried by the three sections:
- English Language-30
- Reasoning Ability-35
- Quantitative Aptitude-35
The applicants shall have to qualify in each test by securing cutoff score. The candidates who will qualify in the prelims exam will be liable to go further for the Main exam.
Main Examination will comprise of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 30 marks. In the case of Generalists, there will be 4 sections:
- Test of Reasoning Ability
- Test of English Language
- Test of General Awareness
- Test of Quantitative Aptitude
(50 marks for each section), For Specialists, there will be an extra section namely Test of Professional Knowledge. All the 5 sections will carry 40 marks each. The duration for both the Mains will be of 120 Minutes. The duration of the online descriptive test will be 30 minutes, having a test of English Language (Letter Writing-10 marks & Essay-20 marks).
At last, a Merit list will be prepared based on the performance of applicants for the final appointments to the notified posts. For every incorrect answer in both prelims and mains, 0.25 marks will be deducted as negative marks. After qualifying in phase-II, the candidates will be required to appear for interview round.
For further information stay connected with us.