GATE 2018 has started the online application process, So the who students who were eagerly waiting for the form now can register themselves through the online mode, 2018 GATE examination is going to conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, the organizing institute body of all GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) latest by October 5. So the eligible and interested students can apply for the same.
It is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission the GATE exam for the financial assistance to:
- Master’s programmes and direct Doctoral programmes in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
- In relevant branches Doctoral programmes of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies.
- The GATE qualification is mandatoryEven in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.
Further, the GATE score in their recruitment process helps in many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using it. GATE 2018 will be held in February next year as per the schedule and the results will be released on March 17, 2018.
BTech/BE/BPharm: In engineering/ technology Bachelor’s degree (Four years after 10+2 or three years after BSc/diploma in engineering/technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
BArch: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course)
BS/BSc (Research): Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)
MSc/MCA/MA or equivalent: Master’s degree in any branch of science/mathematics/statistics/computer applications or equivalent
MTech/Int. ME(Post-BSc): Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programmes in engineering/technology (Four year programme)
Int. ME/MTech or dual degree (after diploma or 10+2): Integrated Master’s degree programme or dual degree programme in engineering / technology (Five year programme)
Int. MSc/Int BS-MS: Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. S./ M. S. Programme
Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch.): BE/BTech/BArch equivalent examinations of professional societies, recognised by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India).
- October 5: Last date for submission of online application
- November 17: Last date for request for change in the choice of examination city
- January 5: Availability of admit
- February 3, February 4 and February 10, February 11, 2018: GATE 2018 online examination dates
- March 17, 2018: Announcement of results
For any further information candidates can visit the official website of GATE 2018.