Yogi Adityanath and Union minister Rajnath Singh flagged off the metro services today (5th September, 2017) in Lucknow.
Lucknow Metro opened this afternoon by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath . From Wednesday onwards the 8.5 km stretch will be open for public. The Chief Minister in his address, said the state is exploring the possibility of opening metro services in at least eight other cities, including Varanasi.
Narendra Modi’s Prime Minister of India as per the constituency said that “I devote this metro service to Vajpayeeji,” he said, referring to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who had represented Lucknow in the Lok Sabha.
Akhilesh Yadav Yesterday, in a series of tweets, indicated that the credit for the metro services belongs to his government. “We had run engine, bogies had to follow,” he tweeted.
Former chief minister Akhilesh Yadav and his father Mulayam Singh Yadav had flagged off the trial run of the Lucknow Metro in December, ahead of the assembly elections in the state. It was meant to be showcased as a signature project of then Samajwadi Party government.
- Yogi Adityanath said, “The launch of metro services has increased smartness of Lucknow after the launch of metro, it has become a Smart City”.
- An umbrella body has been proposed by the state which would explore the launch of metro services in several other cities, which includes:-
Metroman E Sridharan to be the principal advisor to the umbrella body as perthe Chief Minister has requested. The corporation will also explore the possibility of monorail services in some parts of the state.
- He said “In place of separate metro corporations, an UP Metro Corporation to run the metro services in the state,we will constitute it”.
- The rapid transport system covers the Lucknow Metro stretches connects the Charbagh railway station to Transport Nagar.
- With elevated stations, has been dubbed the “Priority Corridor” with the 8.5-km stretch. It is the Phase 1 of the Lucknow Metro project, which took around three years to complete. From 6 am to 10 pm every day, the metro services will be open to the people.
- On the other phases of the Lucknow Metro project, the Chief Minister said work will be completed soon.
A 23 km North-South Metro corridor which is being executed by LMRC from Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport to Munshipulia said Kumar Keshav, Managing Director, Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC). “The second 11 km-long proposed corridor, is called the East- West corridor,” said Keshav, adding that the target is to finish it by April 2019.
Communication Based Train Control System (CBTC) said that the Lucknow Metro will also have the “most advanced signaling and train control system”, which will enable trains to virtually operate on “driver-less” mode.