Coach and Engine of Rajdhani Express Derail Today, No Casualties as per Report

0
228

Another train derailment incident took place when a Delhi-bound Rajdhani went off the tracks near Minto Bridge today, said a railways spokesperson, claiming that seven coaches of the Shaktipunj Express derailed in Uttar Pradesh. There were no casualties reported in the two derailment incidents. The Northern Railways spokesperson Neeraj Sharma said, “The engine and power car are affected. Since the speed of the (Ranchi-Delhi Rajdhani Express) train was very low, there was no injury to any passenger.”

This incident happened around 11.45 am. Seven coaches of the Jabalpur-bound Shaktipunj Express derailed in Sonbhadra district of Uttar Pradesh earlier in the morning. “The accident occurred at around 6.25 am this morning and we have already cleared out the site. All passengers were put on the remaining coaches and by 7.28 am all of them had left the spot. All of them are safe and no one was injured in the accident,” said ministry spokesperson Anil Saxena. The officials claimed that the running speed of the train was about 40 km per hour, which averted from any injuries or big loss when the incident took place.

In just less than a month, it is the third train derailment incident in the Uttar Pradesh. Talking about the earlier derailment incidents, the Kalinga Utkal Express derailed in Muzaffarnagar district on August 19, killing 22 people, and the Kaifiat Express derailed in Auraiya district on August 23. After the Piyush Goyal took the oath over as the new Railway Minister this week, the train derailment incidents of Rajdhani and the Shaktipunj Express are the first two incidents that took place after he took the office.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.