Abu Salem is an underworld don, who was close to Anees Ibrahim and Dossa (Dawood’s brother). He was found guilty to commit the Mumbai serial blast in 1993, in which more than 250 people were killed. He was sentenced to life imprisonment on Thursday by a Mumbai court. Kari-mullah Khan was also sentenced to life imprisonment in this case.
Abu Salem and his ex-girlfriend, Monica Bedi were arrested by Interpol. They both spent 04 years in prison, two of which in Lisbon, Portugal because they both had entered the country on forged documents. Abu said that he and Monica got married in a mosque in Los Angeles in November 2000 but Monica has refused the same.
Below are the 10 important things you need to know about Abu Salem’s former partner:
1. Monica is an actress, born on 18 January 1976 in Hoshiarpur, Punjab. Her parent moved to Drammen, Norway in 1979 where she spent 16 years of her life.
2. At the age of 20, she visits India and decided to stay back to learn Kathak. In her dance classes, She met with actor Manoj Kumar, who offered her a movie opposite to his son, Kunal. She started her acting career through this film.
3. In an Interview, she revealed that she was a huge fan of Sridevi. And once she would clean her brother’s room as he promised her to give Sridevi and Jeetendra’s VCDs in return.
4. Monica revealed in an interview with Showtime that her first interaction with Abu Salem was on a phone call in 1998 when he asked her to perform at a show in Dubai. She agreed and began getting friendly with him over the phone. She said that she didn’t know he was Abu Salem because he had told her another name. She even didn’t hear anything about Abu Salem.
5. Abu used his powers, source, and pressurized producers to give Monica a role in films like Jodi No. 1 and Jaanam Samjha Karo.
6. Monica revealed in an interview with Showtime that She and Abu were very serious about each other. They both wanted to start a new life together and thought that we went to America far away from all the past and start all over again. Abu tried his best but he was unable to erase his past and it was always caught up with him.
7. She said that her parents didn’t know about her relationship with Abu. They lived in Norway and they found out about that when she and Abu got arrested. It was a major shock for them. She told her parents that her boyfriend was from America named Sanjay and he was a show organizer.
8. Abu sent a legal notice of Divorce to Monica when she was denied to married to Abu.
9. Monica was a participant in Big boss season 2 and stayed three weeks in the house.
10. Monica said that She was happy for him when he got married to a Mumbra based woman. She wishes him all the best in life and said I still respect our relationship, but he’s moved on and so I have.