The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L) on November 26 will be conducting the Common Admission Test. The registration for the Common Admission Test (CAT 2017) has closed on September 25. Every year thousand of students appear for the MBA entrance test and this year around 2.31 lakh candidates have registered for India’s biggest MBA entrance test.
As per the current situation the registration window was extended for 5 days still, it is slightly below the 2016 numbers. Registrations for the Common Admission Test (CAT) to IIMs and other leading B-schools declined a bit this year.
From October 18 till the test date the admit card will be made available. After release candidates can easily downolad their admit card from the official website, candidates by logging into their personal pannel and entering their roll number can easily download their respective admit card for the CAT examination 2017.
CAT 2017 application form was available from August 9 to September 25, 2017. Earlier the last date of application was September 20. However, IIM Lucknow had later extended the last date of application. From October 18 onwards to understand the format of the test a tutorial will be available on the official website of CAT. Candidates may work on the tutorials well in advance to get the gist about the much-acclaimed exam.
During the extension period of five days, some 20,000 candidates had applied.It had shot up to a seven-year high in 2016, with 2,32,434 candidates applying for the entrance test to IIMs and other prominent B-schools.
- As the male candidates comprised the majority (67%) in 2016
- And the percentage of female candidates had marginally increased by 1% compared to CAT 2015.
CAT scores are accepted by:
- 20 IIMs
- And more than 100 business schools across the country
Around 4000 seats are offered through IIMs. CAT 2017 will be conducted in test centres spread across approximately 140 test cities. The test will be in two sessions. Duration of the test is180 minutes and it will have three sections.
- Section I will have the verbal ability and reading comprehension
- Section II data interpretation and logical reasoning
- And section III will have the quantitative ability questions
Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type and candidates will have to type direct answers online instead. The candidates can also use the basic onscreen calculator for computation. Exactly 60 minutes will be allotted candidates for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
Candidates who will crack CAT 2017, examination their name and roll number will be made available on the website of the respective IIMs. Each IIM will send interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The criteria for shortlisting vary for each IIM.
According to CAT previous years’ registration were as following:
- In the year 2015, 218,664 candidates had applied for the exam which was more than a number of applicants registered in 2014.
- The number of applications received in the year 2014 was 196,988.
- While the number of applicants registered in 2013 was 194,516.
- And the number of applicants registered in 2012 was 214,000.
For more updates candidates can visit the official website.