(9th of October, 2017) Monday the West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) released the Teacher’s Eligibility Test (TET) notification on the official website. The candidates who were eagerly waiting for the said exam can now apply online from today.
Every year thousands of students apply for the same post and this year the TET 2017 would be held to fill around 30,000 vacancies in primary schools. October 29, 2017, is the last date to submit the application form along with exam fees is by on the official websites.
The Primary Education Board this year will give a 5% of relaxation in the Higher Secondary examination cut-off marks to the reserved category candidates. The 5% relaxation will also be applicable for family members of a state government employee, who died in harness.
The eligible criteria of WBTET are as following:
- The general category candidates would have to score at least 50%
- The reserved category aspirants (SC, ST and OBC) need to score 45% in the Higher Secondary examination.
- Or at least 50% marks and a two-year diploma in D.El.Ed.Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or class 10+2)
- Or at least 50% marks and a 4-year diploma in B.El.Ed in Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or class 10+2) with
- Or at least 50% marks and having Diploma in Education (Special Education) Higher Secondary/ Senior Secondary (or class 10+2) recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- And a complete two-year teachers’ training programme is mandatory for every applicant.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks scored by them in the said exam:
- Students belonging to the general category will have to secure 60% marks in the TET examination
- Students belonging to the SC/ST category will have to secure 55% to be eligible for teaching.
The WBBPE has not announced the exam dates yet, TET is a mandatory exam held for getting teaching jobs in state-aided primary schools. However, the test soon would be held this year.
For more updates candidates can visit the official website.