Race 3: Saqib Saleem’s first look as Suraj ‘The Angry Young Man’ revealed

After announcing the character posters of his Race 3 co-stars: Jacqueline Fernandez, Daisy Shah and Bobby Deol, superstar Salman Khan has just tweeted the character poster of Suraj, the angry young man! Saqib Saleem is seen in a rough and angry look in the poster.

“Suraj: the angry young man . #Race3 #Race3ThisEid @Saqibsaleem @SKFilmsOfficial @TipsOfficial,” Salman Khan tweeted. Saqib is wearing formal attire with fuming expressions on the face and pointing a gun.  He has never been seen in such avatar before Race 3. Just like the past installments of the Race franchise, the third installment also comes up with an ensemble cast but with some new faces this time. “As fiery as the sun, ☀ Suraj hoon mai get ready to burn🔥. #Suraj!! #Race3 #Race3ThisEid,” Saleem tweeted. Salman Khan has replaced Saif Ali Khan in Race 3 as the protagonist while Anil Kapoor returns with his signature Race character.

“Who better than Salman Khan for this? I wish both of them luck,” Saif had earlier told this to news agency PTI. The first character poster of Race 3 had Salman Khan followed by Jacqueline Fernandez, Bobby Deol, Dasiy Shah, and Saqib Saleem. It is an interesting marketing way to win the attention of the audience as the makers are revealing the characters posters day after day. The third installment of famous franchise Race is helm by Remo D’Souza whereas the first two installments were directed by filmmaker duo Abbas-Mustan. Race 3 is all set to release on Eid this year.

People of the country have been let down: Chairman Venkaiah Naidu on the ruckus in Rajya Sabha

The Rajya Sabha could not perform any business for the 15th consecutive day as opposition parties continuous to create a disturbance, promoting adjournment of proceedings. The Vice-President of India and Chairman of Rajya Sabha Venkaiah Naidu adjourned the Rajya Sabha for the day but not before uttering anguish over the House not being performed since it started on March 5.

He added that previous disruptions must not be quoted to justify the “present wrong” and stated hope the government will take the opposition into confidence to make sure the House functions from next week. Andhra parties, including the TDP, and KVP Ramachandra Rao of the Congress also shouting today for special status to the state whereas Tamil Nadu parties – DMK and AIADMK – elevated the Cauvery water issue. The Congress members, on the other hand, were also shouting in the Well slogans that the government was anti-SC/ST, in an apparent mention to the Supreme Court ruling on the Scheduled Castes and Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.

After paying tributes to freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukdev, Naidu stood up to express his unhappiness at the disruptions. The tribute was for the ones who hanged on this day 87 years ago by the British. Naidu said that it was worrying that the Rajya Sabha has not settled its mandate for three weeks. “People of the country have been let down,” Naidu said. He added that he could understand that MPs may resort to disturbance for a couple of days to press their issues but “persisting with it for three weeks has no justification”. The Congress members opposed it by blaming the government for stalemate and alleged that it has not involved the opposition parties. Naidu, however, went on to state that while some may mention previous instances to justify the present delay, the three-week-long interruption had no justification.

“How long do you want to justify the present wrong based on past? People of the country are aspiring for change. Should the change not begin from Rajya Sabha,” Naidu said. He added that people were asking why is the House not being adjourned endlessly but said that it was not in his hand to do so. “I am pained…I am sad,” Naidu said, adding that he would not like to risk a guess about what will happen in the House next week or “if you are going to change for better”. “If you are not interested in running of this House, it is another matter,” he added. The chairman said he was willing to permit discussion on any issue that the members want, but placards, demonstration and slogan shouting was not justified. He later adjourned the proceedings till Monday.

Sonia Gandhi fell ill in Shimla, shifted to Delhi after health complications

On Friday, the former Congress president Sonia Gandhi was shifted to Delhi following she reportedly fell ill during her stay in Shimla. Along with her daughter Priyanka Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi Vadra had been to Chharabra village, 14km from Shimla, on Thursday.

They had both traveled to Shimla by road from Chandigarh and stayed at Hotel Wildflower Hall Chharabra. After going through the construction work of Priyanka’s cottage twice, the 71-year-old Congress leader returned to the hotel, complaining of uneasiness. The security agencies instantly got in touch with the authorities at Indira Gandhi Medical College in Shimla and asked them to make arrangements for emergency medical service. Dr. Ramesh Chand, a senior medical superintendent of IGMC, said he was asked to arrange an ambulance around 11.45 pm. An official told news agency IANS that “Since she (Sonia Gandhi) refused to get examined at Indira Gandhi Medical College and insisted on reaching Chandigarh, she was taken to Chandigarh late night”.

Both of them then left for Chandigarh in their vehicle by road. Dr. Chand and a team of doctors go together with them in an ambulance till Chandigarh. He assured the Congress leader’s condition was stable. Gandhi was taken to Delhi by a special aircraft from Chandigarh. Gandhi had visited the cottage last year in October but cut short her vacation following she fell ill, and was flown to Delhi in a special chopper from Kalyani helipad. The cottage is located close to the President of India’s summer holiday retreat in Chharabra, which is close to completion.

Consent Is Not Manufactured: Doctoring Elections through Technology

“We have a responsibility to protect your data, and if we can’t then we don’t deserve to serve you,” Mark Zuckerberg, the Founder and CEO of Facebook was quoted as saying this earlier, since the Cambridge Analytica pot started to brew. The author in an article in a post on this tabloid had the opportunity of discussing the idea that social media may be used to manufacture the outcome of elections as well.

Well, the concerns were not far enough but yes they were pretty evident, and now a British firm, Cambridge Analytica has been found to have been involved in collecting data from 50 million facebook accounts to map trends of the society to produce desired results to yield in doctored results.

Such an exercise has been declared by Chris Wylie, Co-founder and Data Scientist at Cambridge Analytica says that our governments and legislators must talk about the things that are common and have existed for decades in the technosphere, and are now affecting the democratic exercise of elections too!

The tool of Social Engineering was used to feed on the political nature of man, and inflict a sense of confidence in the identification of groups that collectively assess their will to bestow the reigns of administration of a democracy in a chosen class of the people.  Thus, data analysis or political consultancy firms such as Cambridge Analytica use the jurisdictions like India where there is non-existent data protection mechanism, which may be used to psychologically culture the consumer to produce the desired results by the client of the consultancy.

There has been an involvement of the firm in the election of Donald Trump, and there is a possibility that the upcoming elections in India and Brazil may also face similar fate. There is just one registered firm, which conducted its operations in India through a firm owned by KC Tyagi’s  (of the JD(U)) son, which had the INC, BJP and JD(U) as its clients.

The anomaly of the entire data protection is that the Indian cyber law regime is very outdated, while the Supreme Court is tasked with dealing with the question of efficacy of Aadhar and the use data by the state, there is authority ensuring the protection of data, which may be used by the tech giants.

The tech giants today, are making the people suspicious of the state, and Indian state is not the one that is lucky enough to be trusted, yet the privacy credentials, and data collection is rampant. The aadhar data leak that was brought to light by the Tribune,is also just one small fish in the pond.

The private companies that access the data, and when the State colludes with them, may be deadly concoction which may not command good responses from the civil society and there will persist a  threat perpetual surveillance.

Thus, our Supreme Court has acknowledged the fact that the privacy is a fundamental right, then the state will have to put a mechanism in place to ensure that data fishing, collection and storage by private as well as government agencies is regulated, also the devices are made complaint to the norms laid down by the community.


Atrocious Verdict on the Atrocities Act (Not Really Atrocious)

A bench of Justices AK Goel and UU Lalit yesterday announced a new procedure to be followed while dealing with complaints under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, thus nullifying the automatic arrest.

Before we discuss the verdict, the media and the political society has been touched by the judgement in every spirit where they are attempting to either justify or mollify the verdict, and press for a review.

The act was brought on the statute book in 1989 to provide for prevention  of atrocities on the persons of the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes. The section 3 of the act defines ‘atrocity’ and lists out all the possible acts that may amount to humiliation and shaming of the members of the persons from the concerned communities.

To put an end to all such atrocious conduct of the high caste towards to low caste, the act was  brought in to add force to the existing constitutional protections. The act added a punitive angle to the atrocities and made it a fast track measure to be had recourse to in the wake of a violation. The act contemplated urgent imprisonment based on a complaint, and was also amended in 2015 by NDA government to make a more stringent set of laws.

Despite the efforts, the civil society may not expect a radical change in the attitudes of the people, and at the same time, we may also not expect the SC/ST to be honest, so as to avid misuse of the law.

Thus, this gave the Supreme Court the fertile ground to put in place the procedural reforms. It may be noted here that the NCRB data for 2015 reveals that there has been a clear 16% were false while 75% cases ended up in acquittal or withdrawal! Also there have been cases where the NCRB has recorded a rise in the number of cases and there has been a failure on the part of the  State to ensure convictions.

The above extremes may easily be interpreted to mean that there exists a situation which may have caught the attention of the judges. The Judges saw that there were instances where the SC/ST colleagues or juniors used the act as a weapon, or a threat to coerce the higher officials belonging to the higher caste. There have been many cases which have been settled outside the Court, and there have been many occasions which have witnessed animosity between the two rungs of the society.

The Act was a necessity, but also added fuel to the fire of casteism where it fanned the ill-will harboured between the individuals  of the two castes. The Court has also accepted the fact that the re needs to be a balance between protection of interests and abuse.

Now, the new procedure which the Court has tried to bring in place seeks to put in place a mandatory approval of the Appointing Authority in the cases where a government employee is concerned and the approval of the Senior Superintendent of Police in cases of non-government employee, for arrest. Thus, prior to arrest there has to be  detailed inquiry which produces sufficient proof of the culpability of the individual which will not ensure greater transparency while it will also give a fair trial.

There is one aspect that may be looked into is, the abuse of the process of inquiry by the police, which may often prove to be contrary to the in-house inquiries. We don’t assume that the police establishment will abuse the process but the officers in responsible posts must be made responsible for the same.

Race 3: Daisy Shah’s first look as sizzling Sanjana ‘Waiting to Explode’ revealed

After presenting most of the lead cast of Race 3, Salman Khan has tweeted today Daisy Shah’s character look from the film. Daisy Shah is playing Sanjana in the Race 2 directed by Remo D’Souza. “Sizzling Sanjana waiting to explode,” captioned Superstar Salman Khan on Twitter.

Until now, the characters of Salman Khan, Jacqueline Fernandez and Bobby Deol have been revealed from the film. Interestingly, Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone also shared Bobby Deol’s character look from the film. Daisy Shah started her acting career in Bollywood with Salman Khan in Jai Ho. Shah also shared the tweet and wrote, “It’s time to get dangerous! You think you can handle it?” Directed by Abbas-Mustan, the first film of the Race franchise was released in 2008 and was highly appreciated by the Indian audience. Race collected close to Rs 60 crore at the Indian box office. Coming to the second installment of Race, it was also directed by the same duo but was bigger in terms of actors and promotions. Released in 2013, Race 2 collected Rs 93 crore at the box office.

Talking about Race 3, it is being led by a new director Remo D’Souza third installment of the famous franchise in which Salman Khan will be seen for the first time. Race 3 also stars Anil Kapoor, Daisy Shah, Bobby Deol, Saqib Saleem, and Jacqueline Fernandez in the film. The third installment of Race has bigger cast and is expected to open with some huge numbers at the box office. Salman Khan’s brand value is at its peak following the success of Tiger Zinda Hai, and the film is scheduled to release on Eid, so it might become one of the major hits on this year. The film is all set to release on June 15, 2018.

Rahul calls data theft charges as a way for BJP to take attention away from the death of 39 Indians in Mosul

The Congress President Rahul Gandhi said today that the BJP government is accusing the Congress of having links with a doubtful data firm only to convert attention away from the controversy over the 39 Indian hostages killed in Iraq by ISIS.

Countering to the allegations made by IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, Gandhi took to Twitter to call the data leak charges an “invention” by the BJP.

“Problem: 39 Indians dead; Govt on the mat, caught lying.

Solution: Invent story on Congress & Data Theft.

Result: Media networks bite bait; 39 Indians vanish from radar.

Problem solved,” Rahul Gandhi tweeted.

The Union Minister Prasad had yesterday asked Congress and it’s chief Rahul’s links to the data analytics firm Cambridge Analytica (CA), which has been blamed of illicitly mining private data of Facebook users to influence elections. “There were reports of sudden surge in Rahul’s social media following by using bots. Does CA have any role in building fake following of Rahul on social media. Will the Congress party now depend upon data manipulation and data theft to win elections?” the Union Minister questioned.

The Congress communications-in-charge Randeep Surjewala denied the BJP minister’s allegations by calling the BJP a “factory of fake news” and questioning the BJP’s links with CA instead. Surjewala told media persons that “CA’s linked website shows that in 2010 its services were used by BJP-JD(U). Firm’s Indian partner Ovlene Business Intelligence is being run by BJP ally’s MP’s son. OBI company’s services were used by Rajnath Singh in 2009”. CA is a British firm that came in the eye of the storm after an investigation by Britain’s Channel 4, which alleged that firm dug personal information of 50 million Facebook users for President Donald Trump during the 2016 elections campaign.