Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (K-TET) examination dates has been released in the official website, the TET exam for the State Council of Educational Research and Training is scheduled to be held in the month of August this year. As per the updates Kerala 2016 TET exam was held in the month of November, previous year.
Candidates can download their admit card from the official website, Students by entering into their personal panel and logging in with the provided roll number and date can easily download the admit card, Admit card is must for every candidate as no one will be allowed to enter the examination hall without it.
Kerala TET is a state-level examination, which is conducted for determining the eligibility of candidates to be appointed as the teachers for Lower Primary, Upper Primary and High School Classes in Kerala. Every year the Pareeksha Bhavan conduct the exam and this year also it will conduct the separate test to select teachers for the following categories:
- Category I (Lower Primary classes)
- Category II (Upper Primary Classes)
- Category III (High School Classes)
- Category IV – for Language Teachers – Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu (up to Upper Primary Classes), Specialist Teachers (Art & Craft) and Physical Education Teachers.
The online applications for Kerala TET 2017 opened on Monday and will remain open till 18th July. The applications are to be filled in two steps, with first step being the exam fee payment and the second step being the application form filling. The exam fee is Rs. 250 for SC/ ST & differently-abled categories, while for remaining categories, it is Rs. 500. The fee can be paid up to 17th July.
Kerala TET 2017 exam for the I & II category will be conducted on 12th August and for the III & IV Category will be held on 19th August. And the exam will be held in the following phases:
- The Category I exam will be conducted in the morning shift from 10 am to 12.30 pm.
- The Category II exam will be conducted in the day shift from 2 pm to 4.30 pm.
Both category 1 & 2 exam will be held on 19th August.
- Category III exam will be conducted from 11 am to 1.30 pm.
- Category IV exam will be conducted from 2.30 pm to 5 pm.
The candidates can apply for more than one category wise, depending on the fulfillment of eligibility criteria. Each exam will be conducted as a single paper consisting of 150 multiple choice questions. Each question will carry 1 mark and there will be no negative marking in Kerala TET 2017 exam.
The TET exam aims to determine the eligibility only and the candidates are required to obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the test which are as folowing:
- The SC/ ST/ OBC/ OEC candidates are required to score minimum 55% marks i.e. 82 marks.
- The qualifying marks are 50% (75 marks) for PH & visually impaired candidates.
- While for all remaining candidates, the qualifying marks are 60%, i.e. 90 marks.
For more information students can visit the official website.