Curfew Imposed in Rajasthan’s Nagaur Over a Death of a Gangster


Demanding a CBI probe into the incident of the murder of the famous gangster Anandpal Singh in police encounter, a huge number of people gathered in Nagaur district. They went on a protest and that protest turned violent. The mob went on a clash with police, apart from clash with police, the protestors set four buses on fire, along with the buses, they set SP Paras Deshmukh’s car on fire. In the at least 20 policemen got injured, Lalchand Sharma who hailed from Haryana died and Mahendra Singh, a resident of Jodhpur, was critically injured. Singh has been admitted to the intensive care unit of a hospital.. The cause of his death is still not clear.In an interaction with media, additional director general of police (law and order) NRK Reddy said that, “We are trying to find out more details about Sharma but it appears that Singh had come to the rally,”

Reddy also added that, Three of our weapons are missing as we are suspecting that the protestors managed to take hold of an AK 47 and two pistols. Two of the weapons were snatched from the gunman of Nagaur SP Paris Deshmukh,”

According to the police only rubber bullets, tear gas and lathi charge (cane charge) were done to disperse the miscreants. After witnessing such a heavy tension, government has imposed curfew in that area and even has stopped the Internet services.

A large number of police have been deployed in the area and the senior police officers are closely watching the situation. It is noteworthy that the family members of Anandpal, who have been questioning the encounter, are adamant on their decision of performing last rites of Anandpal Singh only after the CBI probe.

One and a half year back Anandpal Singh had fled away from the custody of police on his way to Ajmer Central Jail from court. That time few security personnel helped him in this deed. He was shot dead on 24 June in a combat with police. The police issued a postmortem on June 25 the next day and issued notice under the rules of the police to remove the dead bodies, though the relatives refused to accept the dead body and ordered a CBI probe into this matter.