Around 12 people have been killed in a huge fire that ripped a 27 storey building in west London tower block but police expect the death toll to rise. According to the sources, it is believed that around 600 people had been inside Grenfell Tower which there is 120 flats and the fire blaze tore through the 27 storey building.
The live updates of this incident are below:
- This gives a huge relief effort has swung into moves, with charity volunteers and supervisers which provide first aid to the affected. Local people raised their voice of anger at the lack of support from the council members or other authorities. To migrate the local residents, approx More than £1m has been raised via online donations in just last 24 hours.
- According to NHS England : 34 people are in hospital, which include 18 who need some critical care. Also initially, 74 patients were treated in six hospitals across the whole London.
- On Wednesday evening bundles of fire were still causing damage in the 24-storey block and the firefighters always remained on the scene overnight.
- Social media is full of asking help for affected family and friends to find the missing members. Several tons of people would have remain asleep in the block when the fire is under control.
- According to Experts the fire had spread at unusual very high speed and it raised concerns about whether the cladding may have contributed to this or not. Recently the tower which was built in 1974 underwent a major refurbishment.
- It emerged with the cladding used in the Grenfell Tower which was behind a rapidly spreading blaze at the tower block in the Melbourne in 2014. An eighth-floor fire raced up to 13 floors on to the roof of the 21-storey building in just 11 minutes. According to the fire brigade The spread was “directly associated” with the external cladding.
- A residents’ association from The Grenfell Action Group repeatedly warned them about the unknown risk of the fire and claimed one of the major blaze which was narrowly averted after a power surge in the 2013. The group said that its concerns were already dismissed.
- The Circle and the Hammersmith along with the City Tube lines between the Hammersmith and the Edgware Road have now opened again after a long time , as through the A40 Westway. Even after , there are bus diversions still in place.
- Witnesses described the screams of terror and the people jumping in an attempt to reach safety.
- A witness said to the reporters that a baby was caught by the public member as he has after being dropped from the ninth or 10th floor.
- With more than 40 engines there were More than 200 firefighters fight with the blaze at its peak . Sixty-five people were rescued.
- According to press association reports In just last 24 hours More than £1m has been raised for people affected by the fire crack at Grenfell Tower.
Karolina Hanusova raised £286,437 which was launched by An appeal on JustGiving while another set up by the Haley Yearwood has generated around £431,910. The Evening Standard launched an appeal on a dedicated website, dispossessedfund.org.uk which raises £282,939 as at 6am.There is a council fund along with the addition to PA’s tally, the Grenfell Tower Appeal, which has raised to £198, 571.